Lectures, Classes, Workshops and any other format that you can think of to bring life changing information and experiences to you and your group.
- Personal Development
- Self Actualization
- Family Relationships
Rearing the Village that rears the Child
Creating the proper support structure for the growth and development of you and your offspring
Our leaders of the recent past like Marcus Garvey, Ida B. Wells, and W.E.B Dubois have been replaced with destructive models of conduct. No longer is the notion of “It takes a village to raise a child” a common continued and promoted value. Our villages/communities have been infiltrated and poisoned and we are now faced with the reality of television, entertainers and toxic entertainment replacing the once honored voices of our elders. So, how do we regain our village?
- Understanding the components that make up a true village
- What is the Nucleus of a village
- What can you do to cultivate a village mentality in your community
- How to motivate others to assist in the work
- The responsibility of the Elders
Youth Empowerment Topics:
What is the purpose if school?
Education vs. Training
- Uncovering your reason for being on the planet
- How to make learning relevant to what you desire
- Presenting Teachers, Parents, and authority figures with the critical questions you need answered
- What is your purpose?
- What is the function of education; training?
- Do you need a Teacher, Coach, or Educator?
- What should you expect from those who are expected to teach you?
- How should you define success?
Kujichagulia (Self Determination)- To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves and speak for ourselves.
In this workshop Chief Yuya will teach you about the origins, values, and practice of Kwanzaa with a focus on the second principal; Kujichagulia (Self-Determination), tying in concepts from his powerfully themed lecture on self-actualization. This program deals with the West African tradition and its application in a contemporary environment.
- African thought and philosophical calculatioN
- Spiritual healing and growth
- Balancing the spiritual ecosystem
Rites of Passage
Asafo Rite of Passage
We must offer OUR youth the opportunity to express themselves, through music, dance, drum, martial arts and community networking. Progress is proven and noted, publicly, through symbols, earned emblems, and community ceremonies that mark their journey through the various levels with the program. Students are able to identify their level of skill or the program that they are currently in thus forming communities within a community.
Earning your place as an Adult
- Knowing how to test the limits of your abilities
- What are Rites of Passage?
- How will you know when you’re ready to do anything?
- Ignite the true warrior spirit inside of you
- What is a scholar and how do you become one
- Race construct and misconceptions
Position to Win – Uncovering the tools you need to heal, move,and win!
The core experience of this workshop series is designed around a rite of passage model that will require participants to complete hands-on assignments, self evaluate, and collectively acknowledge the achievements of fellow participants.
This program relies, heavily, on group work and collective accountability among the participants. As communities are formed within the confines of this Rite of Passage experience, the healthy notions that are embedded in functional larger communities are reviewed and implemented.
Part 1 – Gender responsibilities and Gifts
Part 2 – Coping mechanisms and Conflict Resolution
Part 3 – Finding your path
Part 4 – Creating Family/Community Cohesion and Graduating Ceremony